Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: potential security hole foujnd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey wroaws i found a big security problem on your web site forums as you can see by cleverly manipulating my avatar i can make it sort of look like i'm a member of wroaw when i'm really not which could lead people to believe i have more power than i really do.... it is my recommendation that you fix this asap

oh yeah i forgot to mention by making people believe i'm in wroaw i could social engineer my way into secret information and leak it or something
No. No you won't. Besides, if you do, I'll toss the banstick at you. /Me steals it from Ben and readies it.

And you'll never get our secret information! /me retreats back to the internal, member only forums.
hey if i was actually goingt o do anythign i wouldn't make this thread

bonus points to whoever can tell me what organisation my current avatar is affiliated with, i'll put a non greyscale one up once this gets removed

but now that i'm member how do i get into the secret base
I'd just LOVE to see the code that patches this 'security hole' ^^
coca,Oct 17 2006, 04:05 PM Wrote:I'd just LOVE to see the code that patches this 'security hole' ^^
LOL @ it's pretty much impossible to prevent that.:P
OH NOES! IT KINDA LOOKS LIKE YOUR A MEMBER! ZOMG
coca,Oct 17 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:I'd just LOVE to see the code that patches this 'security hole' ^^
Omg that would be deadly to make like practically imposible to make a code that detects that type of image lol.

but! i do know that 1 thing can save time...
what was it...banning no....Wait Banning... Not it Something to do with banning.....Omg what was it OH BANNING!

If he dosn't change it that is.
Cause its not fair!
it wouldn't be that hard to do brute force method that takes a lot of computering power, just step through every pixel in the image and if its rgb values are close enough to the rgbs for the actual image, then if it is tep to the next pixel and if that is also "close enoguh" keep going, and if at any point it fails go back to the next pixel after where you first thought you had a mathc,,,,,,, this mathod fails when the //MEMBER image is even croped/resized by one pixel though, but god dammit we can lok at scanned images of text and get the text out we should be able to detect something close to this small pic

anyway thats hjow i might go abotu doing it
We really dont care enough, its not about that silly image its about the actual classification of the forum member. Because you cant even see our private threads.
:blink: Ooh that sounds so cool :D
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's