Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: cs.wroaw.com setup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do you set it up so that the ip to your server is a subdomain of the website

i would like to do that with my server.. would make it alot easier to give out..

help please

so my ip would be like cs.utopia-clan.com
You will have to hunt down a mr tiger and ask him. Good to see ya snaps:DThink utopias ready for another spanking sometime soon?
It's the losers from Utopia lol:D
Snapple,Aug 26 2006, 01:24 AM Wrote:how do you set it up so that the ip to your server is a subdomain of the website

i would like to do that with my server.. would make it alot easier to give out..

help please

so my ip would be like cs.utopia-clan.com
It's just a subdomain set up...do you have access to your domain setup stuff? It's in there.
hey now.. im not a loser... and we are always ready for a spanking

yeah i have access to the subdomain setup. but what kind of index do i need to put to have it direct to the server ip. the webhost and server are on two different boxes. i assume wroaws is also
You need a so called "A" record. You just fill in the "subdomain" (tho it isn't) you want and IP address and within half an hour you should be able to use it. (Depending on what nameservers you use, we use ZoneEdit.)
thanks DT always full of useful information.. i haven't gotten it completely setup yet, but i found the a record section in DNS management

i hate godaddy hosting.. they don't use cpanel, but some "hosting manager" software and it doesn't let you change anything... going to switch to a different host soon.. any suggestions?
We use Ezzi.net for the server, hypernia for the webhost. No idea what we use for a domain registrar though.
Hm, maybe namecheap.com?
Reference URL's