Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Breakfast Series: DAY 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
INGREDIENTS
2 single frozen waffles
1 empty glass or other liquid holding utility
1 serving of orange juice (with or without pulp)
1 bottle of maple syrup
1 plate
1 fork
1 piece fresh french bread *NOT PICTURED - PLEASE SEE NOTE AT BOTTOM
[Image: breakfast-21.png]

PREPARATION
1) Heat frozen waffles in a toaster (I used heat setting 4 out of 5).
2) Pour desired amount of orange juice into empty glass.
3) When waffles are done heating, place on plate and cover with desired amount of syrup.
4) Use fork to eat.
[Image: breakfast-22.png]

REVIEW
I saw these in the grocery store the other day and thought that for the $1.99 special pricing, the taste should be explored. Although it had nothing to do with my decision to try, these are being advertised as a "NEW" product just like the cereal from Day 1. Preparation was easy & quick. While the waffles were heating I had plenty of time to pour my orange juice, put the unused resources back in the refridgerator and open the syrup bottle lid in anticipation. Once the waffles were ready I put a light coating of syrup on them. Just enough for a hint of maple but hopefully not enough to drown out the cinnamon & brown sugar flavoring. As with Day 1, consumption time was minimal for me but may vary depending on hunger and level of fatness.

Both the cinnamon and brown sugar sides delivered. Admittedly, using the maple syrup may have distracted from the taste and the use of butter in its place may be more preferrable. I found the orange juice to be a satisfying companion.
[Image: breakfast-23.png]

FINAL THOUGHTS
This breakfast was quick, easy, and pleasing. The two waffles + glass of orange juice was filling and made me feel ready to start my day. The breakfast also leaves room for other additional accompanyments such as a couple sausage links or slices of bacon. Were I to have added either of those items, I would have granted an additional 1/2-to-1 star to the rating. I recommend this breakfast to anyone not on a sugar or carb restricted diet.

Rating: ***

NOTE: While waiting for the waffles to heat I noticed the freshly baked french bread I bought. I didn't include the bread in the review because I don't recommend it with the waffles and didn't intend to have any but the smell of freshly baked french bread was too irresistable.
Wait... im confused, did u, or did u not eat the french toast?!:o
I'm not really a big fan of waffles,
and I have a weird allergic reaction to maple syrup :(
so I no'ed.
Glad you enjoyed it though ;)
Yes yes. ^^.
This was my breakfast of choice for the 2 months I actually ate it.
I approve of this topic and everything it stands for
Dwopple,Aug 15 2006, 11:21 AM Wrote:Wait... im confused, did u, or did u not eat the french toast?!:o
Err, did you mean to say french bread? I didn't have any french toast. :blink:
I'd replace the orange juice with something perhaps chocolate milky. Aside from that a great breakfast indeed.
MMMM LOVE IT!!!!...better if u cook it yourself like me =D
on second thought I'm not sure if we even have those type of waffles over here :o
ours are much different I think :rolleyes::)
I've only seen waffles made from potato here, but there are probably sweet ones somewhere...:)
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's