Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: PC > ME
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Keep getting BSOD(Blue Screen of Death).
I already reformated but I still get them.
They are Kernel_stack_inpage_error - Physical Memory Dump

When it tries to reboot, it doesn't recognize my hard drive all the time but after a few attempts it does....

</3 random BSOD.

Help me plzzzzz.
think i have the same problem:ph34r:
yet, the BSOD disappears for me after like half a second (my computer then reboots) and that the comp does recognize my harddrive.

I think Physical Memory error is because of bad memory sticks, not sure tho, I tested my memory (for about 1000% coverage with MemTest) just in case, but i didn't get any errors...
What caused severe trouble for me is static electricity, mainly because my outlets arent grounded.

You might try disconnecting the power cables to your motherboard for a few minutes, although I doubt it solves BSODs. (Solved PC getting stuck at post tho)
Try another hard drive, maybe some different ram. Call up sv:D
try reformatting
lol poor Jason.

Add any hardware lately? Ram maybe?

Try using Memtest like like louce said above, and testing your ram for errors, if it has any errors then you've got bad memory sticks. If that's not the problem, then reformat your hard drive, and reinstall Windows. Let me know if you have any problems, ill check up on ya.
lol @ adsense for linking us to this site:P
anyone up for trying it?
I installed it and tried it, Tuneup Utilities 2006 is a much better app, check Internal forum for more on that software.
There are a number of different things that can be causing your problem. Don't bother with the hassle of reinstalling Windows until you've ruled out failing hardware. What people don't realize is that a properly configured XP install is very solid and the majority of problems people have are hardware or driver related, not Windows related.

Some things you should look into *before* doing a reinstall:

RAM
PSU
Mainboard
HD

I recommend testing these by swapping them out, one at a time, with ones that are known to be good. There is a LOT of cheap hardware with a very low tolerance for voltage irregularities so if your PSU voltage rails arn't stable, it can cause all kinds of problems even though they may be within the acceptable specs.

As an example, I was having all kinds of problems with one of my boxes locking up, glitching, and general failures. It turned out to be a dying fan on the mainboards chipset heatsink. I removed the fan and have had zero problems since... A much better solution then wiping & reinstalling the entire box.

Lastly, to put emphasis on something DT mentioned... A properly grounded power source is vital to the health & lifespan of your hardware!
Reference URL's