Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: The eBaums Attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So a wonderful little internet war has started and I'm posting here once again to spread the word about it, just in case any of you missed it. I only offer three links to explain it, as they do a much better job than I ever could. Much better at speaking that writing, but that's not my point.

Quick summary, copied from the timeline link:
Everyone knows Ebaumsworld has had a long history of stealing; if you didn't, now you do. Recently they have had fights with Something Awful, but when they stole from YTMND just recently it sparked off a large chain of events.

YTMND users, furious, asked for help. Luelinks, Something Awful, and many other sites gladly accepted.

Forces planned for an attack on 12 AM EST. Word quickly spread after the attack began; Knova and Newgrounds happily joined in (Ebaumsworld has made many people angry, it seems). 4Chan, busy in a separate invasion of another site, also joined in some part with the smackdown.

The ebaumsworld.com forums were mercilessly obliterated. At first, there was just heavy lag, until the database crashed. Eventually the forums came back up, but crashed again. When it arose the next time, it prevented anyone not logged into an account from even viewing the forums and began mass-banning any new users. They quickly went down again, this time fully- the forums subdomain temporarily shut down.

There's more to it than that, but that's the basic start and why it happened. I find this whole thing really interesting so I looked into it a bit more.

1.) http://nazifaqs.com/ - This is a good hub website for all current and future info if this internet war interests you.

2.) http://mk.pupiljuice.com/raidnews/ - This is a timeline. It goes up until the 10th.

3.) http://www.elohtibbar.com/ebombchat.txt - This is a viewable text file page of the conversation between Bauman and the creator of the ebaumsworldsucks.com webpage.

This collected info looked a lot better until I was linked to nazifaqs, which has all the info I found and more... >.>;;;

So anyway, being a member of Luelinks I have a bit more info on this than is posted in the blog. If this interests any of you at all, read the information. If you have any furthere questions I can anwer them too.

Final point: Things are happening to ebaumsworld. It seems the website has finally pissed off the right people with enough power to get him shut down.
About time..
<3 internet warz.
I wonder if this will hit the news!:D
I just went to the site and it seemed fine and the forums were up and running. :ph34r:
Hercules,Jan 15 2006, 06:05 PM Wrote:I just went to the site and it seemed fine and the forums were up and running. :ph34r:
Whos the new hoe in your pic?
haha sucks ass for ebaums i just want to see another website do something illegal then get their ass kicked by the feds or something that would be fucking halarious
If only anarchy could come to pass. Would be teh pwn.
The attack on eBaums was about a week ago. I already posted a link on it a few days ago.
That aint no hoe, its Morgan Webb, from Tech TV/G4
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's