Wroaw's Way Wicked Board

Full Version: Most popular gaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So which type of game do you think is the most popular worldwide? This goes most popular to least, in case you failed your state exams and don't know what the above is.

FPS = First person shooter (CS, Halo, whatever)
RTS = Real time strategy (SC, AoE, whatever)
MMORPG = Massively multiplayer online role playing game (RF, WoW, whatever)

I wanted this poll to include any online game that goes with the category, not just for the computer. So xbox live and shit counts.
Alot more FPS gamers, bc you have to realize most people who play mmorpgs play fps games, also alot more FPS games out there nowaday than mmorpg. So FPS ftw:Dthen mmorpg then rts
Krayz,Dec 19 2005, 02:52 AM Wrote:Alot more FPS gamers, bc you have to realize most people who play mmorpgs play fps games, also alot more FPS games out there nowaday than mmorpg. So FPS ftw:Dthen mmorpg then rts
I voted for my personal preference but KrayZ has the right idea on things.:D
MMO > FPS > RTS.

MMO is extremely popular in asian countrys, asian countrys have uber people, mmo wins popularity. FPS is second because theres MMOFPS's, and RTS is a sad last tho the best catagory. Just no good RTSs exist these days.
I figured RTS would be last, but I was wondering if FPS or MMORPGs would be more popular.:o
it was close for me, i like games from all 3 categories. however since i play wow now, mmorpgs are my favorite, and since the last game i played was cs, fps's are my next favorite. therefore leaving rts's last T.T
MMORPG ALL THE WAY!!!!!.......Thats why alot of companies are in the mmorpg then FPS because of the ppl....millions of millions of money are coming from mmorpg =D
your forgetting the millions and millions in FPS as well
Mm I'd say FPS, taking consoles into account too
coca,Dec 20 2005, 03:13 AM Wrote:Mm I'd say FPS, taking consoles into account too
Yeah, combined with consoles, there is alot more fps than mmorpg. The problem is, fps is easy game to make but a hard game to make well. Lots of really bad fps out there.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's